A group of Year 11 students at Adelaide High School is specially trained as Peer Leaders to work with Year 8 students.
Peer Leaders assist Year 8s:
- in their transition to Adelaide High School
- to feel part of their House (Adey, West, Morriss, Macghey)
- to develop support networks as they begin schooling at Adelaide High School
- to develop new friendships
- to get to know the various Adelaide High School Policies
The Peer Leaders also run sessions outlining the school's Anti-Harassment Policy via the Anti-Harassment Program.
The Peer Leaders visit Pastoral Care Groups during Pastoral Care sessions throughout the year to mix with the Year 8 students, to provide them with information about events at Adelaide High School and to in-service them on the school's Anti-Harassment Policy. On the first day of Term 1, they conduct guided tours of the school and organise activities to assist the Year 8s in developing friendships and familiarising themselves with the school.
In Term 2 they run a House sport competition for the Year 8s.