Middle School Leaders
Each year, the Year 8, 9 and 10 students in each House elect two males and 2 females from Year 10 as their leaders.
The Middle School Leaders play an integral role in the running of each House.
Middle School Leaders' Role
- Representing the student body in the Middle School House and organising activities for the students
- Visiting other Pastoral Care groups; especially the Year 8’s to engage students in conversation about house issues.
- Assisting in the organisation and the running of assemblies.
- Forming a Middle School Student Leaders forum and representing their house on this
- Assisting with the overall organisation of House sporting events such as swimming carnival and sports day
- Motivating and encouraging students to participate in House events.
- Assisting in the building of the House ethos
- Attending teachers’ House meetings for the first 10 minutes to raise student issues.
- Assisting on Year 7 day in designated roles.
- Acting as mentors for students newly enrolled into the house after the beginning of the year.
- Coordinating the Turn Your Health Around program including:
- record keeping
- providing physical activity opportunities
- motivating students
- Assisting with the upkeep of the House notice boards.
- Organising teams for House competitions
- Role modelling appropriate behaviour and uniform
- Acknowledging and rewarding positive behaviour from students with in the House.
- Assisting the House Managers where needed
Each year, the Premier's be active Challenge office uses the Middle School Leaders as ambassadors and assistants to run the Premier's be active Challenge presentation ceremony.
2019 Middle School Leaders