Parking, Student Drop Off and Pick Up
Parking Zones around the school are put in place to ensure pedestrian safety. Children are in particular danger near schools because:
- Their small size makes it hard for drivers to see them between traffic, parked cars, stobie poles and other obstacles.
- They are easily distracted and may not be aware of traffic.
- They may suddenly run onto the road - eg to meet a parent.
Some road rules you particularly need to be aware of are:
- You must not stop in a NO STOPPING Zone, even for a few seconds to pick up your child.
- You may stop in a NO PARKING ZONE for a few seconds to pick up a child who is waiting near by. You must not park or leave the vehicle.
- You must not double park, or stop in the line of traffic, to pick up or drop off a child.
- You must not stop in a bicycle lane.
- You must not stop within 20 metres before a crossing or 10 metres after a crossing.
- You must not stop within 10 metres of an intersection or junction without traffic lights.
If you have any enquiries regarding this information please contact City of Adelaide on 8203 7203.
City of Adelaide Parking and Information Officers and the Eastern Adelaide Police are aware of these issues and will monitor the situation and deal with breaches accordingly to ensure children's safety, and expiations will be issued to any vehicles contravening these rules. Please be mindful of your own behaviour around schools, whether in relation to where you park or the respect shown to Officers trying to ensure pedestrian safety – you are our children’s greatest role model.
Group T/L On Street Parking Services
City of Adelaide
Student Drop off Zone
A reminder to all parents who pick up and drop off students at Adelaide High School that the City of Adelaide has installed a drop-off zone in Glover Avenue adjacent to the Hall and the Language Centre.
The drop-off zone will operate from 8.00am to 9.00am and 3.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Parents are requested to use the Glover Ave drop-off zone to drop students in the morning and to pick them up in the afternoon to alleviate congestion in the front carpark during these busy periods.
A reminder that the road on the southern boundary of the school next to Ellis Park is a No Standing zone at all times.
We look forward to your support in this endeavour and to help us provide a safe entry into the school for all students, staff and visitors.