The SACE unit, Personal Learning Plan forms the core of the Year 10 Pastoral Care program.
The students focus on the capabilities of the learning standards including Citizenship, Learning, Work, Communication and Personal Development. Throughout the year the students complete the final three tasks of the Personal Learning Plan. This includes assessment tasks based on their work experience, subject selection and goal setting.
There is a strong focus on well being in the Year 10 Pastoral Care program. This includes study skills, learning styles and physical and emotional well being. Students are encouraged to continue with their involvement in the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Subject Choice for Year 10 in 2013
The Year 10 course is set out below.
The curriculum at Year 10 offers a wide range of choice for students. There are opportunities to undertake some SACE subjects.
Special Language students are required to continue with their study of two languages other than English and all other students with at least one language other than English.
- English - full year
- Mathematics - full year
- Science - full year
- Language 1 - full year
- Language 2 - full year (Compulsory for Special Interest Language students)
- HPE - 1 semester
There is a range of subjects which students may chose from under a number of Learning Areas. They are as follows:
- Subjects offered in Society and Environment include: History, Geography, Australian Studies and Work Education.
- Subjects offered in The Arts include: Visual Arts, Drama, Music, Computer Art, Design, Theatre Production.
- Subjects offered in Design & Technology include: Construction Metal, Construction Wood, Electronics & Robotics, Photography, CAD & Graphics, Word Processing, Multimedia, Clothing & Textiles
- Subjects offered in Health/PE include: Physical Education, Food & Nutrition, Active8 Youth Leadership, Outdoor Education, PE- Cricket.
||8-10 Curriculum Handbook 2013
||Creative Arts Brochure
||Running With Scissors Theatre Group Information
||SACE Curriculum Handbook 2013