The Association is itself only three years younger than the School, being formed in 1911 and continues to provide strong vibrant and enthusiastic support to the School and the Old Scholars.
This is best illustrated by summarising the Aims of the Association.
Aims of the Association
- To afford the old scholars the means of maintaining friendships formed at the school and promoting a spirit of unity and good fellowship among them.
- To promote friendly relations between the school and functions organised by the association including old scholars dinners and the conversazione.
- To promote, give support to and organise social, educational, recreational functions and entertainment for old scholars.
- To promote and continue the strong ethos of the traditions of the school.
- To support the school in organised promotional, social, educational and entertainment functions for the benefit of the school.
- To provide scholarships to the school as necessary and desirable.
On going annual events organised by the Association are the annual Dinner and the Conversazione, as well as publication of a quarterly Newsletter.
There are also the Old Scholars Cricket and Bowling Clubs.
The Association is indebted to the Principal and administrative staff of the School who provide assistance and office support.
I urge all old scholars to continue their links with the school by joining the association and participating in its events.