Running With Scissors
In 2010, a new initiative in the Creative Arts was born: Running with Scissors – the Out-of-Hours Theatre Company of Adelaide High School.
This company was formed to provide students with the opportunity to develop their skills as theatre workers. Students fill roles in Performance, Administration, Stage Management and Technical Production.
Auditions are held every year early in Term 3 for any student from Year 8 to 11 who wishes to gain admission to the company.
The company has so far produced a number of works.
- In 2010, the company performed rorriMMirror and Miss Pettigrew’s Little Book on Etiquette for the Young Existentialist.
- In 2011, the second installment of the saga Henrietta St, first performed in 2008, continued in Tinker’s Curse.
- The company went in to recession for all of 2012 and resumed in July of 2013.
- In 2014 the company performed “The Dream Thief”.
- In 2015 there were 2 productions, “Finding Comfort Where You Can, in this, the Ruin of Civilisation” and “If the Walls Could Speak”.
- In 2016 the company performed " ... the one with the toys" at the end of Term 1.
- 2017 will see RwS performing in the Adelaide Fringe Festival at The Spiegelzelt in Gluttony, March 14, 15, 16.
Running with Scissors is an out of hours Theatre Company run and supported by the Arts Learning Area at Adelaide High School.
Running with Scissors has two primary functions:
- To teach skills related to the craft of acting
- To develop new works of drama
Running with Scissors is:
- Primarily an actors’ company, but with positions for production support staff in Administration, Stage Management and Technical Production.
- It is devoted to teaching the skills in voice, movement and acting craft in a way and at a level which is not possible in the course of general classroom teaching.
- For those students who have a commitment to the Performing Arts that goes beyond simple interest, and who have already demonstrated that fact both in, and outside the classroom.
- An ensemble, so group skills are as important as talent.Running with Scissors is open to students from Year 8 to Year 11. We train twice a week from 3.30 – 5.30 pm, Tuesday and Thursday.
To keep up to date with what is happening, you should look to the Running with Scissors Facebook page: