A group of Year 11 students at Adelaide High School is specially trained as Peer Leaders to work with Year 8 students.
Peer Leader Role:
- in their transition to Adelaide High School
- feel part of their House (Adey, West, Morriss, Macghey)
- learn about the expectations of Adelaide High School from their peers
- develop support networks as they begin schooling at Adelaide High School
- develop new friendships
- get to know the various Adelaide High School Policies
- by outlining the school's Anti-Harassment Policy via the Anti-Harassment Program.
The Peer Leaders visit Pastoral Care Groups during Pastoral Care sessions to mix with the Year 8 students, to provide them with information about events at Adelaide High School and to in-service them on the school's Anti-Harassment Policy. On the first day of Term 1, they conduct guided tours of the school and organise activities to assist the Year 8s in developing friendships and familiarising themselves with the school.
2013 Peer Leaders
|Alya Al Hakim
Linh Chi Le